The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- To create the Heart Box, die-cut the shape using construction paper or cardstock.
- Fold on all the perforations. All folds are mountain folds except for the two at the top of the heart, which are valley folds.
- Place adhesive on the side tab, and attach to the other side of the box by folding the box in half (Figure A).
- Die-cut another Heart Box shape using a deeper shade of paper, and trim along the perforations to make two heart pieces.
- Align and adhere the two heart pieces to the hearts on the box.
- To close the bottom of the box, first fold in the U-shaped tab, then fold in the two side tabs and finally tuck the remaining tab into the U-shaped tab (Main Photo).
- The two curves at the top of the heart remain open to allow entry into the Heart Box.
- To create the Star Box, die-cut the Star Box shape using construction paper or cardstock.
- Use markers or use the eraser on a pencil and a stamp pad for a polka dot effect to decorate the box.
- Fold all the long-line perforations in mountain folds, and fold all the short-line perforations in valley folds.
- Place adhesive on the outside of all of the side tabs except the tab with a notch, which is where the box will open and close.
- Fold in three tabs, and then fold the box in half, aligning and pressing the side tabs together (Figure B).
- Gently push in on each valley fold to complete the Star Box (Main Photo).
- Use the Star Box to highlight a lesson on stars and space.