The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Fold three pieces of orange construction paper together.
- Place the folded edges just inside the side blade of the Pumpkin die, and die-cut.
- Open the folded Pumpkins, and staple them together on the fold line.
- If you don’t have a long-neck stapler, open up the shape book, lay it on a strip of thick cardboard, open up the stapler and staple in the fold line into the cardboard. Pull the shape book off the cardboard, and use a pencil eraser to bend the prongs of the staples flat against the paper.
- Die-cut Pumpkins from orange and green paper, and adhere to the cover Pumpkin.
- Use a white correction pen to title the booklet.
- Cut by hand small strips of black construction paper to title each page, if desired.
- Die-cut various shapes and attach them to the inside pages, or have students draw pictures of things for which they are thankful (Main Photo).
- Students can add a short message describing their feelings.