The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Bookmark, Corner Raccoon shape from assorted colors of construction paper or cardstock.
- Attach the ear piece to the triangular base.
- Turn the base over, and add the other details to the raccoon’s face. Attach a scrap of colored paper behind the eye holes, if desired.
- Fold the tabs on the perforations of the triangular base, add adhesive to the tabs and attach the triangular section to the square base.
- Attach the nose circle piece to the point of the corner, or use a black marker to create a nose (Main Photo).
- The bookmark slides onto the corner of the book page to mark the student’s place (Figures A & B).
- Discuss and read about animals found in the forest and their eating habits. Students can make the bookmark to coordinate with forest and woodland habitats (and garbage cans).