The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut Heart w/Arrow shape using cardstock or construction paper.
- Draw several straight lines with a pencil on the heart for any message you wish to write.
- Write a message with a marker or pen. Once the message dries, erase the pencil lines.
- Cut two 1" slits about 2" apart on the heart with a craft knife.
- Insert a pencil, straw or lollipop into the two slits (Main Photo).
- If using a stir stick, insert the stick into the slits. Attach the point of the arrow to the front of the stir stick.
- Die-cut another arrow feather shape. Attach one feather shape to the end of the stir stick, and adhere the second feather shape in front, aligning the feather shapes (Main Photo).
- When you fasten the stir stick, straw, lollipop or pencil to the heart, you have a work of heart!