Flower Power Peace Sign Wall HangingProject #13111
Peace is where we find it. In this case, it's on your wall with brilliant tones and unabashed splendor. Create this memorable symbol for yourself and make a most groovy statement!
Products Used657633-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 656781-Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers #4 656684-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 4 1/2" Finished (5" Unfinished) 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 654981-Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower, Daisies 657626-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Square, 4 1/2" Finished (5" Unfinished) 658330-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 656522-Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers #5
|2/3 yd||Background fabric||Cut (1) 24" Square|
|1/4 yd||Turquoise||Cut (4) 2" wide Strips|
|1/4 yd||Yellow print||Cut (4) 5" Squares for cornerstones|
|1/2 yd||Stripe print||Cut (4) 3 1/2" wide Strips|
|Fat 1/4||Pink print||Cut (3) Layers of Flowers* from each die|
|Fat 1/4||Green print||Cut (3) Layers of Flowers* from each die|
|Fat 1/4||Turquoise dot print||Cut (3) Layers of Flowers* from each die|
|Fat 1/4||Yellow stripe print||Cut (3) Layers of Flowers* from each die|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|40" x 50"||Batting|
|3 packages||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 32" x 32"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric and cut into 5" x 6" Rectangles. Place two 5" x 6" Rectangles, wrong sides together and fuse. Die-cut the shapes.
Assembling the Quilt:
- Arrange the Flowers in a pleasing manner on the background. When satisfied with placement, heat fuse in place using an iron. Some of the Flowers will not fuse since they were already backed with another fabric, making them three-dimensional. Stitch around the shapes as desired. Embellish with buttons.
- Sew a 2" turquoise Strip to a 3 1/2" stripe print Strip. Repeat four times. Cut each Strip to 24".
- Sew a 5" yellow Square to each end of two Strips to form the top and bottom borders.
- Sew the side borders to the background.
- Sew the top and bottom borders to the background.
- Layer the backing, batting and top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the wall hanging. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the wall hanging and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.