Christmas Holly StockingProject #13646
Looking for a merry weekend project? Look no further than this simple and festive creation, designed to hold all kinds of special memories, unforgettable presents and goodies that fit easily through a jolly-sized wide opening.
Products Used657363-Sizzix Bigz Die w/Bonus Textured Impressions - Holly & Berries #2 657892-Sizzix Bigz Alphabet Set 4 Dies - Lollipop Shadow Capital Letters
|1/2 yd||Pre-quilted fabric, lining||See pattern|
|1/2 yd||Fabric of your choice, outside of stocking||See pattern|
|1 /4 yd||Green wool or polyester felt, pre-washed||Cut 8 Holly Leaves|
|10" square||Red wool or polyester felt, pre-washed||Cut 6 Berries
|1/4 yd||Fake fur||Cut 6" x 21"|
|Green and red embroidery floss|
|Red jingle bells|
- Finished Size: 18 1/2" x 12 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 3/8" unless noted.
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut four stocking shapes from the pattern provided — two from quilted fabric and two from fabric of your choice. Remember that wrong sides will face each other.
- Die-cut Holly and Letters from wool or felt.
- Use blanket stitch to appliqué the Holly and Letters onto the front piece of stocking. Embellish Holly with bells.
- Place finished front on top of corresponding quilt piece and do the same with the back piece.
- Place wrong sides together and pin and sew the straight edge on the toe side first to the ankle. Iron this seam flat.
- Place fur strip on the inside of the opened stocking, fur side facing in, at the top of stocking and sew.
- Close the stocking (wrong sides facing) and finish sewing together all the way to the end of the fur.
- Flip the fur over the top of the stocking and fold down.
- Make a loop with the cording and sew it to the inside top seam of the heel side of the stocking.