Dresden Plate PillowProject #13876
One of our favorite dies creates one of our favorite projects. Create a pointed Dresden Plate effortlessly or make it into a circle table mat or a small tree skirt. The choices are many and they're all yours!
Products Used657604-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circle, 4" 658884-Sizzix Bigz XL Die - 10" Dresden Plate
|(20) Fat 1/4||Assorted prints||Cut (20) Dresden Plate blades|
Cut (1) 4" Circle*
|2/3 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 22" Circle|
|1||20" Circle pillow form|
|5" x 5"||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 21" Diameter
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew 20 Dresden Plate blades together to form the pillow top. Press seams to one side.
- Place the 4" Circle in the center of the pillow top. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired. When ironing in place, use a Teflon pad underneath the project to prevent fusing to ironing board or work surface.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.
- For added interest, sew a button to center of the Dresden Plate Circle and through the pillow for a finished tufted look.
Fabric compliments of Erik and Julie Comstock of Cosmo Cricket for Moda Fabrics.