Penguin Table TopperProject #14244
Snow doubt about it ... you can easily break the ice with this cool table topper. It's ideal for everything from kids' holiday parties to this year's yuletide greetings.
Products Used657604-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circle, 4" 658884-Sizzix Bigz XL Die - 10" Dresden Plate 659147-Sizzix Bigz Die - Penguin
|1 1/2 yd||Light blue fabric||Cut (20) Dresden Plate blades|
Cut (1) 22" Circle for backing
Cut (1) 4" Circle*
|Fat 1/4||Black print||Cut (7) Large Penguin shapes*|
|Fat 1/4||White print||Cut (7) Small Penguin shapes*|
|Fat 1/8||Orange print||Cut (7) Sets of Feet and Bills*|
|5" x 5"||Dark blue print||Cut (7) Sets of Eyes*|
|1 package||Black rick-rack|
|23" x 23"||Low loft batting||Cut (1) 22" Circle|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 22" x 22"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew 20 Dresden Plate blades together to form the table topper. Press seams to one side.
- Place the Penguins evenly around the table topper. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired.
- Pin rick-rack around the perimeter of the top.
- Sandwich the backing and top, right sides together, with the batting at the bottom.
- Carefully sew around the perimeter.
- Turn right-side-out using the center hole.
- Stitch around the perimeter.
- Place the 4" Circle to cover the center hole. Trim with rick-rack. Stitch around as desired.