Easy Squares Rag QuiltProject #14250
Go back to square one. Actually, this cuddly quilt is a bit more advanced than that, but it sure is easy to complete thanks to the Rag Square Die from Sizzix that truly revolutionizes the way you cut and quilt!
Products Used657606-Sizzix Bigz Die - Square, 2 1/2" Finished (3" Unfinished) 659154-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Rag Quilt, 3" Finished (5" Unfinished) Square
|4 yd||Pink flannel print||Cut (168) Rag Quilt Squares|
|4 yd||Pink flannel polka-dot print||Cut (168) Rag Quilt Squares|
|45" x 60"||Batting (optional)||Cut (168) 3" Squares (optional)|
- Finished Size: 35" x 40 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt:
- If using batting, place one 3" batting Square between one pink flannel print and one pink flannel polka-dot print, wrong sides together; sew an "X" in the center of the three layers. Repeat 167 times.
- If not using batting, layer one Rag Quilt Square from each print together, wrong sides together, and sew. Repeat 167 times.
- Sew 12 blocks together, alternating prints to form a row. Repeat to form 13 more rows.
- Sew the 14 rows together to form the finished quilt.
- Clip any excess threads. Wash quilt several times to soften and achieve frayed rag look.