Travel Cup ScarfProject #14256
Give some warmth on a cold winter day! A scarf embellished with Sizzix die-cuts will surely warm anyone's heart while keeping their fingers cool.
Products Used659165-Sizzix Bigz Die - Half-Square Triangles, 2" Assembled Square
|1/4 yd total||Assorted pink prints||Cut (36) Half-Square Triangles|
|4" x 15"||Backing fabric|
|4" x 15"||Low loft batting|
- Finished Size: 3" x 13"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew a pair of Half-Square Triangles, right sides together, along the diagonal seam to form a square. Press seams open. Repeat until all Half-Square Triangles are sewn together to form square blocks.
- Sew the 18 blocks together, 9 across by 2 down. Press.
- Sandwich the backing and top right sides together with the batting on the bottom.
- Pin and sew around the perimeter, leaving a 2 1/2" opening to turn the scarf right-side-out.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out and whipstitch closed.
- Sew hook-and-loop fastener to the back of one side of the scarf and the front of the other end.
- Quilt as desired.