Layered Leaves PouchProject #14278
Keep yourself in stitches with this sharp-looking Layered Leaves Pouch. It has all sorts of personalization possibilities and because you made it with Sizzix you know the shapes are cut perfectly every time!
Project courtesy of Lisa Elston.
Products Used656667-Sizzix Bigz Die - Leaves, Plain 658685-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strip, 6 1/2" Wide
|1/4 yd||Linen||Cut (2) 6 1/2" x 8" Rectangles|
|(10) 3" x 5 1/2" scraps||Assorted prints||Cut (1) small, (2) medium and (1) large Leaf* from each print|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/2".
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- Finish the pouch's inside raw edges with technique of your choice: overlock, pinking shears, zigzag or bias tape.
Assembling the Project:
- With right sides together, loosely sew the two linen pieces together on the 6 1/2" length end with a running stitch. Press open.
- Using the centered or railroad method, install zipper at sewn seam.
- Remove running stitching and unzip zipper.
- With right side of fabric facing out, begin laying out large Leaves onto the front of the pouch. Layer one row, fanning out from lower part of pouch to upper part, and heat fuse to pouch front. Continue layering Leaves, medium and small in desired pattern (see photo above), heat fusing to pouch with each layer.
- With zipper unzipped, place pouch front and back right sides together and stitch the three sides of the pouch using a 1/2" stitch. Backstitch at the beginning and end of the seam, pivot at the corners.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal to reduce bulk. Turn pouch right-side-out and press.
- Arrange buttons as desired. Hot-glue in place.