Color Burst Wall HangingProject #14867
Colors come alive in this eye-catching pattern to elegantly accent any room. Follow the directions below and see how Sizzix makes quilting quick, easy and fun!
Products Used658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658330-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658662-Sizzix Bigz Die - Triangles, Equilateral 2 1/2" H x 2 3/4" W Unfinished
|1/2 yd total||Assorted prints||Cut (210) Triangles|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|Fat 1/4||Backing fabric|
|16" x 18"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 12" x 14"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange Triangles in a pleasing manner 21 across by 10 down.
- Sew the Triangles in horizontal rows.
- Sew the rows together to make the quilt top. Make sure the rows are in the correct order and are not turned upside-down. It is easiest to do this by laying out all the rows on a design wall or the floor, then carefully picking up the rows and sewing them together. Press.
- With a long ruler, trim off the excess fabric to square-up the edges.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.