Missing Sock Wall HangingProject #14872
Hang your holiday hopes onto some stylish inspiration. The charming Sock die provides endless decorating and personalizing opportunities. Follow the directions below to showcase your creativity when stepping into the happiest time of the year!
Products Used656683-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 3" Finished (3 1/2" Unfinished) 657608-Sizzix Bigz Die - Square, 3" Finished (3 1/2" Unfinished) 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658114-Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Sock 659150-Sizzix Bigz Die - Squares, 1" Finished (1 1/2" Unfinished)
|(11) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (222) 1 1/2" Squares|
Cut (3) Socks*
Cut (3) Sock heels*
Cut (3) Sock toes*
|1 yd||Gray solid||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for the binding|
Cut (1) 15 1/2" x 22 1/2" for the background
Cut (4) 3 1/2" Squares
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|28" x 35"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 22" x 29"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Drape rick-rack across the background as desired. Pin in place. Tack the rick-rack to each corner of the background.
- Arrange Socks in a pleasing manner along the rick-rack. When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Sew button to hold the rick-rack in place at top of each Sock.
- Sew nine 1 1/2" Squares together, three across by three down, to form a nine-patch block. Repeat 23 times. You will have six Squares left over to use in step 7.
- Sew five nine-patch blocks together to form each side border. Sew the side borders onto the background.
- Sew seven nine-patch blocks together to form the top and bottom borders.
- Sew three 1 1/2" Squares together and then sew to the top and bottom borders.
- Sew a 3 1/2" Square to each end of the top and bottom borders.
- Sew the top and bottom borders onto the background.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.