Eggciting Spring OrnamentsProject #14877
Make quick and easy embellishments to complement your next party with these creative Spring Ornaments. The same concept can be used to decorate table runners or pillows for your entertaining space.
Products Used659791-Sizzix Bigz Die - Ovals #2
|(3) 6" Squares||Assorted wool||Cut (6) Ovals; two of each size from the same color|
|(1) 5" Square||Lace||Cut (1) Oval|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
|3||Assorted ribbons (1/8"- 1/4" in width)||Cut (3) 10" lengths|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Sizes: 1 3/8" x 2 1/4" - 2 1/2" x 3 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/8" unless noted.
- These instructions are for three Ornaments.
Assembling the Project:
- Embellish two different-sized Ovals that do not have a lace counterpart using embroidery floss.
- Layer one embroidered Oval and one plain Oval of the same size, right sides together, and pin.
- Layer one embroidered Oval and one plain Oval of the same size, wrong sides together, and pin (this set will be blanket stitched).
- Sandwich a lace Oval of the same size between two plain Ovals and pin.
- Fold each 10" length of ribbon in half and tie it in a knot an inch from the end.
- Pin the ribbons in place at the top of each Oval pair.
- Stitch around perimeter of the Oval sets, leaving a 1" opening to stuff. (One Oval set will be blanket stitched.) Be sure to sew the ribbon loop in place.
- Turn two of the Ovals right-side-out. Stuff all three Ovals with polyester fiberfill to desired loft.
- Stitch holes closed.