Fringed PillowProject #14885
What a simple idea! This Fringed Pillow is a great accessory for any room, and it's so easy to create with Sizzix Bigz dies! Just follow the instructions below.
Products Used659793-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Folded Fringe, 1 1/2"
|1 yd||Purple fleece||Cut (2) 19 1/2" Squares|
Cut (3) 18" long Fringes
|1/3 yd||White fleece||Cut (3) 18" long Fringes|
|1/3 yd||Green and white fleece||Cut (3) 18" long Fringes|
|1/3 yd||Green and purple fleece||Cut (3) 18" long Fringes|
|1/4 yd||Purple fleece print||Cut (2) 18" long Fringes|
|1||18" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 18" x 18"
- Both sides of the fleece will show on finished pillow.
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 19 1/2" Square for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set aside back for now.
- Stack the Fringes so no two of the same fabric colors are next to each other.
- Fold one Fringe in half lengthwise and pin it on the pillow front, centering across the width, so the middle of the Fringe is 1" from the top edge. Open the Fringe and sew across the length of the Fringe, 3/4" from the top cut lines in the Fringe. See Diagram 1. This will ensure that both sides of the Fringe will show on the finished pillow.
- Repeat step 2, spacing the next Folded Fringe 1" from the stitch line until all Folded Fringes are sewn in place.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.