Trees amongst the Cosmos Table RunnerProject #14893
Accent the holidays your way! A quilt of Christmas Trees courtesy of Sizzix adds more to your décor, while celebrating the season in style.
Products Used657633-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658881-Sizzix Bigz Die - Small Simple Wedge
|(27) 5" Squares||Assorted prints||Cut (27) Simple Wedges|
|Fat 1/8||Rose polka-dots print||Cut (1) 1 1/4" wide Strip x WOF|
|Fat 1/8 total||Green polka-dots print||Cut (1) 1 1/4" wide Strip x WOF|
|1/2 yd||Cream print||Cut (5) 2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|16" x 45"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 10 1/2" x 40"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Project:
- Sew the Simple Wedges together to form a long row. This makes the trees.
- Sew one cream 2 1/2" Strip to one rose polka-dot 1 1/4" Strip. Repeat with the green and cream Strips. Do not unfold or press open the sewn Strips.
- Place a cream and rose polka-dot sewn Strip perpendicularly across the 2" Strips die and roll through the machine to cut a 2" x 2 1/2" rectangle. Cut the sewn Strip to form 13 more rectangles. Sew the 14 rectangles together, alternating colors, to form a trunk row. Repeat with the green and cream sewn Strip. Press.
- Line up the trunk rows so the rose and green trunks line up in the middle of the Simple Wedge trees. Sew in place. Square-up the ends of the table runner.
- Measure table runner from top to bottom. This is the dimension of the table runner side cream borders. Cut two 2" Strips to match this measurement. Sew to both sides of the table runner.
- Measure the table runner from side to side. This is the dimension of the top and bottom cream borders. Cut two 2" cream Strips to this measurement and sew onto the table runner.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.