Rick-Rack PillowcaseProject #14898
Looking for the perfect home décor accent? Our Rick-Rack Pillowcase makes bright colors come alive in an inspired design that's quick, easy and fun to complete!
Products Used658674-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Rick-Rack, 2" Wide
|1/3 yd||Solid purple||Cut (1) 12" x 42"|
|3/4 yd||Purple floral print||Cut (1) 27" x 42"
Cut (1) Rick-Rack*
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 31 3/4" x 20 1/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the solid purple fabric wrong sides together and press the fold. Open. Place the Rick-Rack in the middle of one half of the fold only. When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around Rick-Rack, as desired.
- Place the solid purple fabric right-side up. Place the purple floral fabric right-side-down on top of the other fabrics, lining up the raw edges, pinning all the pieces together. Rolling up the purple floral fabric, bring up the solid purple fabric from underneath and pin it at the top with the others to form a tube. (Note: This will enclose all pieces of the pillowcase inside the solid purple border. This is sometimes called the "Hot Dog" or "Tube" method of making a pillowcase.)
- Sew along the raw edge. Carefully pull the purple floral fabric out of the tube. This will enclose the seam inside the solid purple fabric. Press.
- Create a French seam by folding the pillowcase wrong sides together. Sew down the side only. Turn inside-out. Sew a 5/8" seam down the side only.
- Repeat step 4 to sew the bottom seam.
- Fold right-side out and press.