Drunken Marmalade QuiltProject #14906
With Sizzix, you can always add a touch of fabulous to any creation! This one-of-a- kind quilt can be easily repeated or customized with the help of the Sizzix Quilting & Appliqué dies.
Products Used657168-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Drunkard's Path Arch & Fan Background 657169-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Drunkard's Path Quarter Circle 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
|(42) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (204) Drunkard's Path Quarter Circles|
|3 1/2 yd||Background print||Cut (204) Drunkard's Path Background Arches|
|3/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (8) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|4 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (2) 2 yd pieces|
|56" x 76"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 47" x 66 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Blocks:
- Match a Background Arch with a Quarter Circle. Fold both pieces in half along the curved edge to find the center. Finger press. Match the curves at the center and the ends. Sew the curved seam and press towards the Arch. This will make a 4 1/2" square.
- Continue to make the squares in this manner until you have sewn all the Background Arches to the Quarter Circles. There are 204 total 4 1/2" pieced squares in this quilt.
Assembling the Quilt:
- Using the photograph as a guide, arrange the blocks in seventeen rows with twelve blocks in each row.
- Sew the blocks together and press the seams to one side.
- Sew the rows together to make the quilt top.
- Sew the two 2-yd pieces of the backing fabric together along the selvedge edge to make the backing.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half, lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.