Zoey the DollProject #15206
All the imagination of a young girl's heart is captured right here with beautifully precise stitching and fun colors to boot. Create it for the princess in your life today!
Products Used660091-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Doll
|Fat 1/8||Cream print||Cut (1) 3 1/2" x 6" for head|
Cut (1) 1 1/2" x 8" for hands
Cut (1) 2" x 9" for feet/shoes
|Fat 1/8||Yellow print||Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 6" for shirt|
Cut (1) 3 1/2" x 8" for sleeves
|Fat 1/8||Pink print||Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 6" for lower torso|
Cut (1) 3 1/2" x 9" for legs
|1||Orange pearl cotton thread|
|1 bag||Polyester fiberfill stuffing|
- Finished Size: 8" Tall x 8" Wide
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
Assembling the Project:
- Sew the head, the upper torso and lower torso fabric strips together, press seams open and then die-cut two bodies.
- Sew the hand and sleeve fabric strips together, press seams open and then die-cut four arms.
- Sew the leg and feet strips together, press seams open and then die-cut four legs.
- Place two legs right sides together and sew along the perimeter, leaving the tops of the legs open to turn right-side out. Turn right-side out. Stuff to desired loft. Repeat to make another leg.
- Place two arms right sides together and sew along the perimeter, leaving the tops of the arms open to turn right-side out. Turn right-side out. Stuff to desired loft. Repeat to make another arm.
- Layer two bodies right sides together. Place the arms inside body with raw edges extending over the edge of the body by 1/4". Pin in place to secure. Sew around the perimeter of the bottom of body, beginning at the side of the torso and leaving the bottom of the torso open. Flip right-side out.
- With an iron, press raw edge of the torso under 1/4".
- Stuff the body to desired loft. Be sure to add extra stuffing to the head.
- Line up the center seam of the legs. By hand, sew both legs to one raw edge of the body, placing each leg as close as possible to the side seam of torso.
- Sew the seam closed at the bottom of the body by hand.
- Add orange pearl cotton thread for hair.
- Wrap a ribbon around the Doll's head and tie into a bow. Stitch the bow in place by hand to secure.