Wave QuiltProject #15209
Colors come alive in this eye-catching pattern to elegantly accent any room. Follow the directions below and see how Sizzix makes quilting quick, easy and fun!
Products Used657633-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 660199-Sizzix Bigz Pro Die - Wave 661025-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Wave
|(8) 1/4 yd||Assorted fabrics||Cut (5) Waves from each fabric(one for each row)|
|3/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut 2" wide Strips on the bias|
[See finishing instructions before cutting fabric]
|1 2/3 yd||Backing fabric|
|46" x 56"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 38" x 49 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Cutting your binding pieces on the bias (diagonal) grain adds enough stretch to go around the curved edges with ease.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Lay out the Wave pieces in rows of the same fabric, alternating the concave edge up and down. See Diagram 1.
- Sew the straight sides together, forming the row. Alignment tip: the ends of each piece will overlap because of the Wave angle. Make sure they meet at the 1/4" seam line. See Diagram 2.
- Repeat for all rows. Arrange the rows in desired order.
- Sew top two rows together along curved edge. Alignment tip: mark the centers of each Wave segment by folding in half and finger pressing at top and bottom edge. Pin rows together, matching seams and center points.
- Repeat, attaching the remaining rows.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- From the binding fabric, cut two 18" Squares. Carefully layer them on top of each other.
- Cut them in half diagonally. This will be the bias edge from which you measure your binding strips. Cut your Strips 2" wide. You want a narrower binding because it is easier to sew around all the curves.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long continuous strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- Sew the binding to the right side of the quilt, matching raw edges of the binding to the quilt edge. Follow the curve of the top and bottom edge, being careful not to stretch the binding as you sew. Fold binding over the edge of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.