World Without End QuiltProject #15211
So many colors, so many combinations! This charming pattern offers yet another creative option to make colorful combinations come alive, while showcasing both motion and style.
Products Used660078-Sizzix Bigz L Die - World Without End, 6 1/2" Assembled 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
|3/4 yd||Darkest gray fabric||Cut (160) World Without End small half-square triangles|
|1 yd||Medium gray fabric||Cut (100) World Without End large isosceles center triangles|
|4 yd||Lightest gray fabric*||Cut (1) 27 1/2" x 60 1/2"|
Cut (1) 9 1/2" x 60 1/2"
Cut (20) World Without End large isosceles center triangles
Cut (320) World Without End medium right triangles
|1/4 yd||Yellow fabric||Cut (16) World Without End large isosceles center triangles|
|1/4 yd||Medium orange fabric||Cut (16) World Without End large isosceles center triangles|
|1/8 yd||Dark orange fabric||Cut (8) World Without End large isosceles center triangles|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (7) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|4 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (2) 2 yd pieces|
- Finished Size: 60" x 60"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Cut the two large lengths first and then die-cut the triangles.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Sew two right triangles to either side of the large isosceles triangle. Press seams open. Sew small half-square triangle to the large isosceles triangle to finish the square. Create the following numbers of each subunit as pictured.
Make 20 subunits that look like Diagram 1.
Make 16 subunits that look like Diagram 2.
Make 16 subunits that look like Diagram 3.
Make 8 subunits that look like Diagram 4.
Make 100 subunits that look like Diagram 5.
- Once these subunits are prepared, it's time to join them into groups to create blocks. Create the following numbers of blocks as pictured.
Make 4 subunits that look like Diagram 6.
Make 4 subunits that look like Diagram 7.
Make 2 subunits that look like Diagram 8.
- Arrange the blocks as show in Diagram 9.
- Sew the 27 1/2" x 60 1/2" panel to the left side of the pieced blocks.
- Sew the 9 1/2" x 60 1/2" panel to the right side of the pieced blocks.
- Sew the two 2 yd pieces of the backing fabric together along the selvedge edge to make the backing.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.