Diamond Star PillowProject #15564
Make a colorful creation to accent any place or space. With a few high-contrast fabrics and your imagination, you can personalize it to your perfect preferences.
Products Used658673-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Diamonds, 5" (5 1/2" x 13" Unfinished)
|1/4 yd||Green print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1/4 yd||Lavender print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1/4 yd||Gray print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1/4 yd||Blue and white print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1/4 yd||Lavender, blue and white print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1/4 yd||Blue print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1/4 yd||Lavender and green print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1/4 yd||Lavender, green, blue and black print||Cut (3) Diamonds|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 22" x 22"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange eight Diamonds to form the front of the pillow and eight Diamonds to form the back of the pillow as desired to form a star, taking care not to place similar fabrics next to each other.
- With right sides together, stitch the bottom sides of two Diamonds together. Repeat until all eight for the pillow front form a star and all eight for the pillow back form a star.
- For the pillow side insets, stitch Diamonds right sides together at the "Y" seam on the pillow front finished star. Continue with the remaining seven Diamonds.
- Place back and front star right sides together. Stitch side insets to back of star, leaving a 4" opening to stuff.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners. Turn right-side-out, stuff pillow to desired loft and hand stitch closed.
- For added interest, sew the buttons through to center the pillow for a finished tufted look.