Tree of Life Wall HangingProject #15588
Branch out with a family tree signature quilt or a special botanical wall hanging with colorful floral prints as the leaves.
Products Used660536-Sizzix Bigz Pro Die - Tree of Life
|Fat 1/4||Camel wool||Cut (1) 12" x 16" for the background|
|Fat 1/8 total||Assorted red, orange and gold wool scraps||Cut (3) leaves from each color|
|3" x 3"||Gray wool||Cut (1) of each bird|
|12" x 12"||Brown plaid wool||Cut (1) Tree trunk|
|Fat 1/4||Muslin||Cut (1) 13" x 17" for the backing|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 12" x 16"
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Assembling the Project:
- Place the Tree trunk on the middle of the background fabric.
- Arrange leaves in a pleasing manner, including at the base of the Tree. For interest, tuck a few leaves under the branches before stitching the trunk in place.
- Stitch the Tree trunk as desired.
- Stitch leaves as desired.
- With right sides together, sew around the perimeter of the wall hanging, leaving a small hole large enough to turn right side out. Turn right side out.
- Whip stitch closed.
- Stitch as desired a 1/4" around perimeter of wall hanging.