Leather Hex PillowProject #16048
Style your pillows with patterns! In just a few fast steps, you can easily transform fabric into amazing accents. Follow the instructions for an unforgettable pattern and a cherished creation to enhance any setting.
Products Used658317-Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1" Sides #2 659144-Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1 1/2" Sides
|19" x 19"||Black and cream wool||Cut (1) 18" Square for the pillow front|
|Fat 1/4||Black solid||Cut (1) 17" Square for the pillow back|
|1/4 yd||Black leather||Cut (11) Hexagons with 1" sides|
Cut (19) Hexagons with 1 1/2" sides
|19" x 19"||Low loft batting||Cut (1) 18" Square|
|1||16" square pillow form|
|1 spool||Black thread|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Assembling the Project:
- Press the background into fourths to find the center. This will help in laying out the Hexagons.
- Arrange 1 1/2" Hexagons to form a larger Hexagon. When happy with the placement, dot the suede side of the leather with glue and adhere in place. (Using pins is not recommended, as it leaves a hole in the leather.)
- Arrange the 1" Hexagons on top of the 1 1/2" Hexagons, suede side up. Place a dot of glue on the shiny side of the 1" Hexagon and adhere in place.
- Layer the batting with the pillow top and quilt as desired. With a long ruler, trim off the excess fabric to square up the pillow top to a 17" square.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 8" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.