Diamond Star Pillow #2Project #16049
Piece together the prettiest possibilities! This beautiful project brings together all the elements of style and classic design as one colorful creation.
Products Used660529-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Diamond, 60 degrees, 5" Sides
|1/2 yd||Assorted green and yellow prints||Die-cut (12) Diamonds|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 14" x 14"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange six Diamonds to form the front of the pillow and six Diamonds to form the back of the pillow as desired to form a star, taking care not to place similar fabrics next to each other.
- With right sides together, stitch the bottom sides of two Diamonds together. Repeat until all six for the pillow front form a star and all six for the pillow back form a star.
- Place back and front stars right sides together. Stitch along the edge, leaving a 4" opening to stuff.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners. Turn right side out, stuff pillow to desired loft and hand stitch closed.
- For added interest, sew the buttons through to center the pillow for a finished tufted look.
- Hand cut an interesting shape from fabric and "thread paint" with your sewing machine. Embellish the shape as desired (we used a metal pen nib). Attach to the pillow.