Petite 6-Pointed Star PillowProject #16062
Star struck? This colorful creation enhances any couch or bed and can be made into a whimsical wall hanging or quilt by following the same concept.
Products Used660065-Sizzix Bigz Die - Diamonds, 60 degrees, 2 1/4" Sides
|1 yd||White solid||Cut (68) Diamonds|
|(20) 5" x 8"||Assorted prints||Cut (60) Diamonds (3 from each print)|
|Fat 1/4||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 19" square|
|19" x 19"||Batting|
|1||18" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 18" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Piecing the Pillow Top:
- On the wrong side of a Diamond, in each of the corners, mark the point where the 1/4" seams intersect. Repeat with all Diamonds.
- Separate print fabrics into 10 piles. Each pile should have two different fabrics for a total of six Diamonds per pile. These piles will make the stars. Sew two coordinating prints from dot to dot. Continue adding Diamonds, alternating coordinating prints until the six Diamonds are sewn together to form a star. Sew a white Diamond between the star points to form a hexagon. Repeat until all stars are made.
- Continue sewing from dot to dot to join the hexagons together. Press.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 8" long to insert pillow form.
- Trim the outsides of the pillow top even with the pillow back. Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.