Starfish PlacematProject #16066
Set the mood — and the table — for your next summer party. Your starfish creation can be easily complemented with matching table runners and napkins to complete the theme.
Products Used660533-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/4" Wide 660919-Sizzix Bigz Die - Starfish #2
|2 1/3 yd||Osnaburg fabric||Cut (4) 15" x 20" rectangles|
Cut (4) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|6" x 12"||Aqua batik||Cut (2) Starfish*|
|6" x 12"||Medium teal batik||Cut (2) Starfish*|
|6" x 12"||Dark teal batik||Cut (2) Starfish*|
|22" x 32"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 15" x 20"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 15" x 20" rectangle for the front of each placemat and one for the back. Set back aside for now.
- Arrange one of each color Starfish on the right hand side of each placemat. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and placemat top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the placemat. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the placemat and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.