Christmas Diamonds QuiltProject #16082
Dream it. Design it. Display it. Sizzix makes it possible with stylish shapes you can create with the Big Shot or fabi machines for appliqué or quilting.
Products Used658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658330-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 660943-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Large Simple Wedge
|(18) 1/4 yd||Assorted Christmas prints||Cut (144) Large Simple Wedges|
|3/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (8) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|3 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|56" x 80"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 50 1/2" x 73 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the Large Simple Wedge triangles on a design wall and rearrange until satisfied with the look of the quilt. The Large Simple Wedge triangles should make Diamonds.
- Sew Large Simple Wedges into rows, 16 across by 9 down.
- Sew the rows together to form the quilt top. Press.
- Square up the outside edges of quilt top using a straight edge ruler.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.