Bird LampshadeProject #16417
Dress up your favourite lampshade with a fine feathered die-cut shapes. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to make this colourful DIY project come to life.
Products Used657685-Sizzix Bigz Die - Birds #3
Other Supplies: Lamp, White lampshade, Fabric, Pom-pom trim, Glue gun, Black thread and needle, Button, Iron-on fabric adhesive
- Use a hot glue gun to attach a length of pom-pom trim to the bottom edge of the lamp shade.
- Iron on fabric adhesive to the reverse of your chosen fabrics and then die-cut the large bird shape twice from different-coloured fabric. Trim a breast section by drawing around a saucer or similar. Fuse these two shapes together using an iron and then use an iron to gently fuse these shapes to the lampshade. Add a beak.
- Use the wing shape on the die to create small birds, again cutting two shapes and trimming to create a breast. Attach the small birds as indicated using the iron.
- Carefully stitch around the bird shapes using black thread and stitch legs onto all three birds.
- Complete the lampshade by adding a button for the eye.