Child's Sleeping BagProject #16420
Put your creativity above the rest. Whether you’re into pale fabrics or shabby chic…muted or bold… this pattern is easy to put together and looks amazing from any angle.
Products Used656684-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 4 1/2" Finished (5" Unfinished) 656687-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 657626-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Square, 4 1/2" Finished (5" Unfinished) 657633-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
|45cm x 110cm||Plain coral cotton fabric||Cut (16) Squares|
|45cm x 110cm||Plain green cotton fabric||Cut (18) Squares|
|45cm x 110cm||Floral print cotton fabric||Cut (20) Squares|
|60cm x 110cm||Yellow spot cotton fabric||Cut (24) Squares|
|60cm x 110cm||Pink stripe cotton fabric||Cut (24) Squares|
|275cm x 110cm||Plain pink cotton fabric||Cut (3) Strips 5cm x 210cm
Cut (2) 80cm x 125cm
Cut (18) Squares
|125cm x 230cm||Cotton blend wadding||Cut (2) 80cm x 125cm|
- All seam allowances are 6mm or 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Project:
- Join squares, right sides together, into 20 rows of six, mixing the placing of colours and prints for a random effect.
- Press odd rows to the left and even rows to the right.
- Join 10 rows together to make the front and remaining 10 rows together for the back. Then press both sides.
- Layer lining, wadding and front, right sides up, and pin through all three layers.
- Quilt as desired.
- Repeat with the back layers.
- Trim lining and wadding to match the front and back of the sleeping bag.
- Lay the front on top of the back, wrong sides together, matching raw edges, and pin one long and one short side together.
- Stitch together through all layers.
- Pin zip to the wrong side of one long side, matching the tape edge to the raw edge of the sleeping bag, and with the open end of the zip at the top edge.
- Stitch the zip in place.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Join the binding strips together to make one long strip.
- Press in half lengthwise, wrong sides together.
- Stitch in place.
- Press the binding to the wrong side and slip stitch to the lining.
- Pin the binding to the bottom and side, matching raw edges, leaving 2cm extra binding at each end.
- Stitch, and then press to the wrong side.
- Slip stitch in place folding the ends under to neaten the ends.