Vintage Circle Magic Table RunnerProject #16648
Ready for some magic? Also known as the Orange Peel pattern, The Missouri Star Quilt Company's Circle Magic is full of fun shapes to make beautiful quilts, pincushions and indoor snowballs.
Products Used657626-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Square, 4 1/2" Finished (5" Unfinished) 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658330-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658314-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles, 1 1/4" 660941-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circle Magic, 6 1/4"
|1/4 yd||White with yellow flower print||Cut (12) 5" Squares|
|3/4 yd||Gold print||Cut (20) 5" Squares
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
Cut (3) 1 1/4" Circles*
|1/4 yd||Blue print||Cut (10) Circle Magic shapes|
|1/4 yd||Green print||Cut (11) Circle Magic shapes|
|1/4 yd||Red print||Cut (11) Circle Magic shapes|
|1 yd||Lightweight fusible interfacing||Cut (32) Circle Magic shapes|
|1 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|23" x 40"||Batting|
|3" x 3"||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 18" x 36"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Quilt:
- Place one Circle Magic fabric shape and one Circle Magic interfacing right sides together and sew completely around edge.
- Trim seam to 1/8".
- Make a small slit in the interfacing and turn right side out. Finger press around the edge.
- Place one blue Circle Magic piece diagonally on a 5" white with yellow flower Squares and heat fuse in place. Repeat to make three more Squares with the same color combination.
- Repeat step 4, fusing four red and four green Circle Magic shapes to the 5" white with yellow flower Squares.
- Place remaining Circle Magic shapes on the gold print Squares. Heat fuse in place.
- Sew around edge of each Circle Magic shape.
- Arrange Squares as seen in photo. Sew Squares to form rows. Sew rows together to form the table runner top.
- Arrange the Circles at the intersection of the Squares as seen in photo. Heat fuse in place. Sew around each Circle.
- Layer the quilt top, batting and backing. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and sew in place by hand, mitering the corners.