Dreaming of Fishing PillowcaseProject #16653
Reel in the big idea! Any fishing fan will be hooked with this splendid splash for their home décor.
Products Used661272-Sizzix Bigz Die - Fish & Hook
|47" x WOF||Blue print|
|Fat 1/8||Rainbow batik fabric||Cut (4) Fish|
|5" x 5"||Gray fabric||Cut (4) Hooks|
|1/3 yd||Light weight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 31 1/2" x 22"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Open blue print fabric. On one end of the WOF side, turn under 1/2" and press. Fold over another 4 1/8", pin in place. Press folded edge to create a cuff hem.
- Open fold. On right side of pillowcase and close to the edge you just pressed, arrange Fish in a pleasing manner. Sew around Fish. Arrange Hooks. Sew around Hooks. Sew fishing line by machine or hand.
- Pin cuff, then sew cuff seam.
- Place fabric wrong sides together. Sew down the long side first using a scant 1/4" seam. Turn fabric right sides together and press seam. Sew a 1/2" seam to finish the long side.
- Repeat step 3 for the short side of the pillowcase.
- Turn right sides out.