Pinecones Table RunnerProject #17484
Have yourself a timeless holiday season. This holiday favorite captures all the classic imagery of the season, while allowing you to branch out creatively in bold new directions.
Products Used656687-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 657633-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2" Wide 659277-Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Pinecone Border
|10" x 15"||Tan wool||Cut (8) pinecones*|
|6" x 20"||Light brown wool||Cut (2) branches*|
|1/4 yd||Gold print||Cut (4) 2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 yd||Slate blue solid||Cut (1) 10" x 42" for the background|
Cut (1) 15" x 46" for the backing
|15" x 46"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 12" x 43"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange the branches and pinecones in a pleasing manner on the background. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around the shapes as desired.
- Embellish pinecones with gold embroidery floss creating a crosshatch pattern. Hand sew gold beads around the outside edge and the top of each pinecone.
- Sew a 2" x 42" strip on the top and bottom of the background.
- Sew a 2" x 12 1/2" strip to each side of the background.
- Place the batting on a smooth surface. Smooth and secure down.
- Place backing fabric face up on the batting.
- Place table runner top face down on top of the backing.
- Pin and sew around the outside edge, leaving a hole approximately 12" to turn the runner right side out.
- Clip corners on the diagonal. Be careful not to cut the seams.
- Turn the table runner right side out and smooth. Pin baste. Stitch in the ditch on the seam separating the blue to the gold border.
- Stitch the hole closed by hand using a whipstitch or ladder stitch.