Hello Friend Card #5Project #17799
What are friends for? This fun and fantastic friendship card reveals your inner artistry and your passion for the ones you care about most.
Products Used661613-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 18PK - Flower Garden & Mini Bouquet 30927-Stampers Anonymous Cling Mount Stamps - Flower Garden 30928-Stampers Anonymous Cling Mount Stamps - Mini Bouquet 661807-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 23PK - Sentiment Words, Thin 661826-Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Leafy
- Kraft Cardstock
- Paper Stash Clear/Resist Ink Paper by Tim Holtz
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Black Waterproof Ink Pad
- Craft Knife
- Distress Ink by Tim Holtz
- Sentiment Word Stamps
- Sponge Ink Applicator
- Watercolor Brush
- Watercolor Pencils
- Wet Adhesive
- Using a black waterproof ink pad, stamp two poppies and three cornflowers from the Flower Garden & Mini Bouquet set onto Clear/Resist Ink Paper. Align the corresponding Framelits dies over the stamped images, and die-cut. For ease of use, we recommend using the Magnetic Platform to hold the Framelits dies in place while the shapes are being cut.
- Using a watercolor brush, paint the images with watercolor pencils as desired. Set aside.
- Cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Clear/Resist Ink Paper. Emboss with the Leafy embossing folder. Apply Distress Ink with a brayer onto the Leafy embossed Clear/Resist Ink Paper.
- Cut along the curved design of the Leafy embossed Clear/Resist Ink Paper using a craft knife. Set the two pieces aside.
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 7" piece of Clear/Resist Ink Paper. Die-cut the Friends and Hello phrases from the Sentiment Words set out of the 5 1/2" x 7" piece of Clear/Resist Ink Paper. Die-cut three lines of text. Remove the letters from the die-cut phrases. Repeatedly die-cut the same phrases from orange and green cardstock. Using wet adhesive, adhere the orange and green letters to the die-cut letter openings. Adhere and layer the orange letters three times to create dimension. Adhere the two pieces of Leafy embossed Clear/Resist Ink Paper over the piece of Clear/Resist Ink Paper with the die-cut phrases, and trim the layered paper to 5 1/2" x 5 3/4".
- Adhere the flowers to the bottom right and middle left side of the layered Clear/Resist Ink Paper with adhesive foam tape for dimension.
- Stamp onto kraft cardstock a sentiment with black ink. Tear the kraft cardstock to create a small rectangle. Use a sponge applicator to ink the edges with Distress Ink. Adhere the sentiment rectangle to a scrap of orange cardstock using adhesive foam tape. Tear the orange cardstock to create a slightly larger rectangle. Adhere the layered sentiment rectangle to the left side of the layered Clear/Resist Ink Paper using adhesive foam tape.
- Adhere the layered Clear/Resist Ink Paper to a larger piece of orange cardstock. Tear the edges of the orange cardstock to create a slightly larger square panel.
- Cut 13" x 6 1/2" piece of kraft cardstock. Fold in half to create a top-folded card base. Adhere the layered Clear/ Resist Ink Paper and orange cardstock to the card front.