Coin PursesProject #17893
Can you feel a change coming? You will when you make one of these perfectly practical Coin Purses. It’s so easy, you’ll want one to go with every outfit!
Products Used662018-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Coin Purse 662221-Sizzix Accessory - Coin Purse Frames, 3 3/4", Rose Gold, 3 Pack 662222-Sizzix Accessory - Coin Purse Frames, 3 3/4", Silver, 3 Pack 662223-Sizzix Accessory - Coin Purse Frames, 6", Rose Gold, 3 Pack 662224-Sizzix Accessory - Coin Purse Frames, 6", Silver, 3 Pack
|8" x 12"||Exterior fabric|
|8" x 12"||Lining fabric|
|8" x 12"||Foam interfacing|
|8" x 12"||Fusible woven interfacing|
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = For large coin purse curved 6" x 2 3/4" frame; for small coin purse curved 3 3/4" x 2" frame
Assembling the Project:
- Cut two each from exterior fabric, lining fabric, foam interfacing and fusible woven interfacing.
- Attach exterior fabric to foam interfacing, and attach lining fabric to fusible woven interfacing using manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pin the exterior fabrics right sides together. Sew the sides from the notch down using a 1/4" seam allowance; also sew the bottom. Make sure to backstitch at stop and start. Do not sew the small rectangle at each corner. Repeat to sew the lining fabrics, except leave a 3−4" opening, centered at the bottom.
- Turn the exterior right side out. Slip the exterior inside the lining. Align the seams and the top raw edges, and pin in place. Sew the top edge using a 1/4" seam allowance. It is helpful to sew one half at a time (sew the right half with lining fabric at the top and the left half with the exterior fabric at the top).
- Make small clips, 1/8" high, into the curved edges. Turn right side out through the opening in the lining. Press well. Also press the opening in the lining toward the wrong side by 1/4". Close the opening in the lining by either slipstitch or topstitch using a 1/8" seam allowance.
- Test the frame to make sure you know how it will fit before you glue. Use fabric glue to sparingly place glue in the ridge of the purse frame (one half of the frame at a time). Place the frame on the top curved edge of the fabric, and slide snuggly in place. Let this half dry completely, and then glue and place the other half of the frame.