Ballerina SoftieProject #17898
Now here’s a project that’s right on point! Make someone’s ballerina dreams come true with this adorable softie that’s easy to make and fun to personalize.
Products Used662033-Sizzix Bigz Plus Q Die - Pirate & Ballerina Dolls
|4" x 5"||Brown stripe||Cut (1) head|
|4" x 5"||Skin color||Cut (1) head|
|5" x 5"||Periwinkle flowers||Cut (2) bodies|
|3" x 5"||Pink dot||Cut (2) skirts|
|1" x 1 1/2"||Skin color||Cut (1) torso*|
|4" x 6"||Brown stripe||Cut (4) ponytails**|
|4" x 6"||Yellow check||Cut (4) legs|
|4" x 5"||Skin color||Cut (4) arms|
|2" x 4 1/2"||Brown stripe||Cut (1) hair*|
|1 1/2" x 2"||Brown stripe||Cut (1) side hair*|
|1" x 2"||Pink wool||Cut (2) cheeks|
|1/2" x 1"||Black||Cut (2) eyes|
1/4" ribbon for ponytails
Pom-pom trim and gathered tulle for skirt
1 package of polyester fiberfill
- Finished Size: 7" x 8" (including arms and legs)
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless otherwise noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- ** = Place fabric right sides facing to cut.
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange and iron on the eyes and two hair pieces to the face. Arrange and iron on the torso to the center of the body fabric. Topstitch around all of the appliqués. Arrange and hand stitch the cheeks onto the face. Hand stitch mouth.
- Align the raw edges (with right sides facing) of the bottom of the face and the top of the body together, and stitch. Add pom-pom trim and gathered tulle along the bottom of the body. Align the right sides of the bottom of the body and the skirt, and sew. Sew the same pieces together for the back of the dolls.
- With right sides together, sew two sets of ponytails. Clip and turn.
- With right sides together, sew four sets of arms/legs. Clip the curves, and turn right sides out. Fill with fiberfill.
- Pin the two legs facing in onto the bottom of the front body. Sew along the edge.
- Arrange the ponytails on the head. Pin the raw edges together (with ponytails facing inward), following the curve of the head.
- Arrange and pin the arms facing inward on the front of the body. Place the body back on top with right sides facing, and pin to the front body. Sew around the outer edge, leaving the bottom open for turning.
- Clip the curves, turn right sides out and fill with fiberfill. Hand stitch the opening closed.
- Tie bows on the ponytails.