Modern Magic QuiltProject #18089
Less is more! With its minimalist style and cool colors, this quilt is simply enchanting. Find out how easy it is to make this eye-catching wonder with Sizzix Bigz dies.
Products Used658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 660941-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circle Magic, 6 1/4"
|Fat 1/4||Dark purple||Cut (4) Circle Magic shapes|
|Fat 1/4||Medium purple||Cut (4) Circle Magic shapes|
|Fat 1/4||Light purple||Cut (8) Circle Magic shapes|
|Fat 1/4||Medium blue||Cut (8) Circle Magic shapes|
|Fat 1/4||Light blue||Cut (3) Circle Magic shapes|
|1 yd||Lightweight fusible interfacing||Cut (27) Circle Magic shapes|
|2 1/2 yd||Cream print||Cut (1) 68" x 41" rectangle|
Cut (6) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF
|2 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|47" x 72"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 41" x 68"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Place one Circle Magic fabric shape and one Circle Magic interfacing shape right sides together, and sew completely around the edge.
- Repeat until all 27 Circle Magic fabric shapes and Circle Magic interfacing shapes are sewn together.
- Make a small slit in the interfacing, and turn right side out. Finger press around the edge.
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the entire quilt on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of the layout.
- Heat fuse the Circle Magic shapes in place onto the 68" x 41" cream print rectangle.
- Sew around the edge of each Circle Magic shape.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by machine or hand as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.