Clear Box PouchProject #18102
Here’s to thinking inside the box! This clever storage solution lets you see what’s inside, so organization is easier than ever.
Products Used662017-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Box Pouch
|15" x 12"||Clear plastic*||Cut (2) Box Pouches|
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Fold the 15" x 12" rectangle in half so you have a 15" x 6" rectangle. Make a Sizzix sandwich, place the fabric so it extends just over the edge of the die and roll through the machine to die-cut.
Assembling the Project:
- Place the zipper face down a scant 1/4" below the top long edge of the exterior. Pin. Using a zipper foot, start and stop 1/2" from each end.
- Turn the zipper tape to the inside. Topstitch in place.
- Bring the exterior pieces right sides together, and sew across the bottom using a 1/4" seam allowance. Finger press the seam open.
- Bring the zipper head to the center. Pinch the zipper so that it is aligned with the seam at the bottom. Sew using a 3/8" seam. Repeat for the other end. Trim zipper excess. For the rectangle, press each long edge toward the wrong side by 1/4"; press in half. Topstitch both long edges using a 1/8" seam allowance.
- Insert the rectangle handle into the two openings on the side of the pouch where the zipper pull will be when the zipper is closed. Each raw edge of the handle will be in one of the openings in the pouch, and the handle should be centered on the exterior. Make sure that the handle is not twisted. Pin in place, then stitch the handle to the exterior in each opening using a 1/8" seam allowance.
- Pinch one opening on the left side of the pouch so that the raw edges meet. Pin, then stitch. Repeat for the second opening on the left side and for both openings on the right side.
- Turn the pouch right side out.