Besos Card #2Project #18147
Send wishes and kisses with a card that expresses the love in your heart. Bold designs from the Sizzix Crafty Chica collection are perfect for all your creative papercrafting projects.
Products Used662317-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 3PK w/Stamps - Besos Hearts 662325-Sizzix Paper - 6" x 12" Cardstock Pad, My Happy Life, 48 Sheets
- Cardstock (Black, Red, Yellow)
- Patterned Paper (White with Black Polka Dots; 2 Styles)
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Clear Embossing Ink Pad
- Clear Embossing Pen
- Embossing Powder (Black, Clear Iridescent, Red)
- Gold Paint Pen
- Gold Sequins
- Water Brush
- With clear embossing ink, stamp one flaming heart image, two triple heart images and one Besos phrase from the Besos Hearts set onto yellow cardstock. Dust the images with black embossing powder, and shake off the excess powder. Use a heat tool to set the images.
- Using a water brush and watercolors, add color to the flames of the large heart image. Let dry. Using a clear embossing pen, color in the flames, and dust with clear iridescent embossing powder. Shake off the excess powder. Use a heat tool to set the image.
- Using the clear embossing pen, color the heart portion of the flaming heart, the tiny hearts on the Besos phrase, and one triple heart image. Dust with red embossing powder, and shake off the excess powder. Use a heat tool to set the images. Using scissors, cut out the three red embossed triple hearts. Using liquid adhesive, adhere the red triple hearts to the second stamped triple heart image.
- Color with a gold paint pen the band under the flames and the dots around the heart of the flaming heart image. Add highlights to the layered triple heart and the Besos phrase with a gold paint pen.
- Align the corresponding Framelits dies over the stamped images, and die-cut. For ease of use, we recommend using the Magnetic Platform to hold the Framelits dies in place while the shapes are being cut.
- Cut a 2 1/4" x 3 3/8" piece of one style of white with black polka-dot patterned paper. Adhere the flaming heart to the center of the polka-dot paper with adhesive foam tape. Cut a 3 5/8" x 2 1/2" piece of black cardstock. Adhere the polka-dot paper to the black cardstock with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a 1" x 4 7/8" strip of black cardstock, a 1 7/8" x 4 7/8" strip of a second style of white with black polka-dot patterned paper and a 2" x 4 7/8" strip of red cardstock.
- Layer and adhere the strips together with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a 4 7/8" x 6 1/4" piece of Besos patterned paper from the My Happy Life Cardstock Pad. Line the edges of the Besos paper with a gold paint pen. Adhere the layered strips to the top portion of the Besos paper.
- Cut a 10" x 6 1/2" piece of black cardstock, and fold in half to create a 5" x 6 1/2" card base. Adhere the layered Besos paper to the card front.
- Adhere the black layered cardstock with the flaming heart on the top left of the card front, over the layered strips, with adhesive foam tape. Adhere the triple heart on the layered strips, to the right of the flaming heart, with adhesive foam tape.
- Die-cut the Besos shape out of red and black cardstock. Adhere the red and black cardstock Besos shapes with liquid adhesive, slightly offsetting the two shapes. Adhere the stamped Besos image to the layered cardstock Besos with adhesive foam tape, centering the stamped image so that the black peeks out from the top and the red peeks out from the bottom of the stamped image.
- Adhere gold sequins to the corners of the card base and the corners of the layered flaming heart cardstock with liquid adhesive.