Winter Woods Shadow BoxProject #18200
'It Came upon a Midnight Clear...' Create a shadow box tribute to the beauty of a winter night. Use intricate Thinlits dies to express your creative vision with a project that easily folds flat for mailing.
Products Used662284-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 19PK - Holiday Shadow Box
- Cardstock (Black, Dark Brown, Dark Green, Kraft, Medium Green, White)
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Foam Sponge or Ink Blending Tool
- Ink Pads (Brown, Green)
- Liquid Adhesive (Dries Clear)
- Red Rhinestone (Self-Adhesive)
- Sequins (Iridescent)
- Die-cut out of kraft cardstock one front panel from the Holiday Shadow Box set. Die-cut an additional front panel out of kraft cardstock by nesting the square die with tree branches in the middle of the front panel die. (The plain panel will be the back of the shadow box, and the panel with cutout tree branches will be the front of the shadow box.) Die-cut out of kraft cardstock a top panel and a bottom panel.
- Die-cut vines twice out of dark green cardstock by die-cutting only the top vine portion of the front panel die. Using scissors, trim off the vines from the rest of the dark green panel die-cuts.
- With a foam sponge, add brown ink to the edges of the tree branches on the kraft cardstock front panel and the outer edges of the other three kraft cardstock panels. Add green ink to the edges of the dark green vines. Adhere with liquid adhesive the dark green vines to the corresponding vines on the kraft cardstock front panel and back panel (facing forward).
- Die-cut three snow panels out of white cardstock, two of one snow design and one of the other snow design. Fold each snow panel along the crease line to create tabs. Line up the tabs along the kraft cardstock bottom panel, and adhere the snow panels in front of one another, alternating the designs.
- Cut a 5 1/8" x 4 7/8" piece of black cardstock. With double-sided tape, center and adhere the black cardstock to the kraft cardstock back panel with vines at the top (facing forward). The black cardstock will act as the backdrop for a night sky once the shadow box is assembled.
- Assemble the shadow box by gluing the top and bottom panels to the front and back panels with liquid adhesive. The tabs on the top and bottom panels, created by folding along the crease lines, will directly adhere below the vine portion of the kraft cardstock front panel and will line up with the bottom edges of the front and back panels.
- Die-cut two large trees out of dark green cardstock, one small tree out of dark green cardstock and two small trees out of medium green cardstock. With a foam sponge, add green ink to the edges of the trees. Fold the trees along the crease lines, and adhere the tree tabs to the back side of the snow panels using liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut two tall, skinny trees out of kraft cardstock and two out of white cardstock. Using a foam sponge, add brown ink to the branches of the kraft cardstock trees. Layer and adhere the white trees behind the kraft cardstock trees with liquid adhesive so that the kraft cardstock trees look like they have snow on their branches. Fold the trees on the crease lines, and adhere them with liquid adhesive behind the snow panels as desired.
- Die-cut one reindeer out of brown cardstock. Die-cut another reindeer out of kraft cardstock, and trim off the antlers on the kraft cardstock reindeer with scissors. Layer and adhere the kraft cardstock antlers on top of the antlers on the brown reindeer with liquid adhesive. Adhere a red rhinestone to the reindeer’s nose. Fold the tab on the reindeer, and adhere the reindeer behind one of the snow panels with liquid adhesive.
- Cut one 5 1/2" x 1/4" strip of brown cardstock. With liquid adhesive, adhere the strip to the front panel, adhering it on top of the space where the green vines meet the kraft cardstock.
- Die-cut four snowflakes out of white cardstock by die-cutting two of each snowflake design. Adhere the snowflakes to the front panel of the shadow box using liquid adhesive. Adhere sequins to the centers of the snowflakes using liquid adhesive.