By the Sea Wall HangingProject #18331
This flag waves for patriotism–and a beach getaway! It's a breeze to complete with appliqué shapes like the Starfish, Seashell and Fish.
Products Used658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 660919-Sizzix Bigz Die - Starfish #2 661273-Sizzix Bigz Die - Fish #5 661276-Sizzix Bigz Die - Seashell #2
|1/2 yd||White solid||Cut (21) Seashells*|
|1/2 yd||Red solid||Cut (26) Fish*|
|1/2 yd||Blue solid||Cut (5) Starfish*|
|1 1/2 yd||Tan solid||Cut (1) 35" x 48" rectangle for the background|
|1 1/2yd||Backing fabric|
|38" x 51"||Batting|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 34" x 47"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the background fabric in half, and press. Fold in half again, and press. The pressed folds will intersect at the center of the rectangle to help you arrange the sea life.
- Arrange the Fish, Seashells and Starfish on the background.
- Heat fuse the Fish, Seashells and Starfish in place with an iron.
- Use decorative stitches to secure the Fish, Seashell and Starfish to the background.
- Layer the backing, batting and top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired. Trim to 34" x 47".
- Sew binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the wall hanging. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the wall hanging, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.