Spooky Moonlit Owl CardProject #18355
Hoo goes there? This spooktacular setting is sure to put you in the mood for Halloween mayhem and more. Experience all the thrills and chills with the Tim Holtz Falloween collection.
Products Used656648-Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folders 2PK - Damask & Regal Flourishes Set 660172-Sizzix Paper Punch - Laurel, Large 660957-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 18PK - Halloween Words: Script 661852-Sizzix Paper Punch - Circle, 3/4", Medium 662381-Sizzix Thinlits Die - Moonlit Owl
- Cardstock (Black, Purple, White)
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Black-and-White Baker’s Twine
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Foam Brush
- Liquid Adhesive
- Palette Knife
- Ranger® Distress Crackle Paint by Tim Holtz (Clear Rock Candy)
- Ranger Distress Glitter by Tim Holtz (Black Soot, Clear Rock Candy)
- Ranger Distress Spray Stain by Tim Holtz (Carved Pumpkin, Picket Fence, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey)
- Ranger Texture Paste (Opaque Matte)
- Sewing Machine
- Transparent Tape
- White Thread
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of corrugated cardboard.
- Cut a 5" x 5" piece of purple cardstock. Emboss the purple cardstock with the Damask embossing folder. Adhere the embossed purple cardstock to the corrugated cardboard base with adhesive foam tape.
- Cut a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of white cardstock. Emboss the white cardstock with the Flourish embossing folder.
- Spray the white embossed cardstock with an assortment of Distress Spray Stains. (Carved Pumpkin, Wild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade were used in the sample project.)
- Cut a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of black cardstock. Die-cut the Moonlit Owl out of the black cardstock square.
- Spray the die-cut with a light layer of Distress Spray Stain. (Picket Fence was used in the sample project.)
- Apply a light layer of Distress Crackle Paint to the die-cut with a palette knife, and sprinkle with Distress Glitter. (Clear Rock Candy was used in the sample project.) Let dry.
- Adhere a small scrap of yellow cardstock behind the owl’s eyes with transparent tape.
- Using a sewing machine, stitch the die-cut black square to the orange embossed square. Adhere the layered black and orange square to the purple embossed cardstock with adhesive foam tape.
- Adhere a scrap strip of burlap across the bottom of the Moonlit Owl die-cut with liquid adhesive. Adhere a scrap strip of corrugated cardboard over the burlap strip with liquid adhesive.
- Cut a 5" x 5" piece of black cardstock. Attach an Adhesive Sheet to the black cardstock. Die-cut the Spooky phrase from the Halloween Word: Script set three times out of the prepared black cardstock.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the black die-cut phrases, and layer the phrases together. Using a foam brush, apply a light layer of liquid adhesive to the layered phrase, and sprinkle with Distress Glitter. (Black Soot was used in the sample project.) Adhere the phrase to the scrap of corrugated cardboard with liquid adhesive.
- Using the Paper Punches, punch out a 3/4" Circle and a Large Laurel. Adhere the circle to the laurel with liquid adhesive. Adhere a metal embellishment on top with liquid adhesive, and then adhere the layered embellishment to the corner of the collage with liquid adhesive.
- Wrap black-and-white baker’s twine around the bottom of the collaged panel, add a metal embellishment to the end of the twine and tie in a knot.