Winter Wonderland TagProject #18395
Bring all the wonder of winter to your cards, gift-giving, décor and more. With the Tim Holtz Christmas collection, you can accent the holidays in your own merry way.
Products Used658784-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Tag Collection 660994-Sizzix Thinlits Die - Birch Trees 662419-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 12PK - Home for the Holidays 662426-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Winter Wonderland
- Cardstock (Dark Green, Gold Glitter, Kraft, Light Green, White)
- Ranger; Distress Woodgrain Cardstock by Tim Holtz
- Brown Pen
- Craft Mat
- Heat Tool (optional)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Ranger Distress Ink by Tim Holtz (Gathered Twigs, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain)
- Ranger Distress Spray Stain by Tim Holtz (Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain)
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Ribbon (Light Blue and Medium Blue Seam-Binding Ribbon)
- Sticker Sentiment (Small)
- Water Spray Bottle
- Watercolor Palette
- Die-cut two 3 1/8" x 6 1/4" tags from the Tag Collection set out of white cardstock.
- Die-cut out of one of the white tags from step 1 the snow shape from the Winter Wonderland set. (Lay the snow die just below the hole at the top of the tag before die-cutting.) Using the same tag, repeat this step by laying the top edge of the snow die just below the bottom of the snow line that was already die-cut on the tag. This will leave a small space at the bottom of the tag without snow. Use the Die Pick to clear out the snowflake holes on the die-cut tag.
- Using a paintbrush and watercolor palette, add various mixtures of blue and black watercolor on top of the white tag. Layer colors to achieve a desired look for a night sky. Set aside the tag to dry, or use a heat tool to set the watercolor faster.
- Once the watercolor tag is dry, adhere the watercolor tag on top of the second white tag with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut out of Distress Woodgrain Cardstock a set of trees from the Birch Trees set. Spray various brown Distress Spray Stains onto a craft mat, mix with a little bit of water and apply to the trees with a paintbrush until a desired tree color will stand out from the night sky on the layered tag. (Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain were used in the sample project.) Start with light brown, and add in darker shades of brown as you layer the color. Set the birch trees aside to dry, or use a heat tool to set the color faster.
- Once the birch trees are dry, apply a thin layer of Distress Ink using the Mini Ink Blending Tool. (Walnut Stain was used in the sample project.) This will bring out the woodgrain pattern even more on the die-cut trees. Adhere the trees to the top of the layered tag by lining up the top of the trees just below the hole at the top of the tag. Using scissors, trim off the excess portions of the birch trees that hang over the edge of the tag.
- Die-cut six skinny trees from the Home for the Holidays set, two out of light green cardstock and four out of dark green cardstock. Using the Mini Ink Blending Tool, add a thin layer of Distress Ink to the edges of all the trees. (Peeled Paint was used in the sample project.) Layer a light green tree between two dark green trees, adhering the trees together along their spines with liquid adhesive. Repeat for a second layered tree. Pull the branches apart in different directions to create texture. With liquid adhesive, adhere a layered tree to each side of the tag, placing the base of the trees about 1" above the bottom of the tag.
- Rip two pieces of white cardstock to create snowbanks. Use a paper distresser along the edges of the ripped portion of the snowbanks. Using a paintbrush and watercolor palette, add a light layer of gray just below the distressed edges to create the appearance of shadows in the snow. Layer and adhere the snowbanks along the bottom of the tag with liquid adhesive, slightly covering the bases of the trees with the snow. Using scissors, trim off the excess portions of the snowbanks that hang off the side of the tag.
- Die-cut out of kraft cardstock one large reindeer and two small reindeer from the Winter Wonderland set. Die-cut one additional large reindeer out of gold glitter cardstock. Using the Mini Ink Blending Tool, add Distress Ink to the edges of the kraft reindeer, adding a bit more color along the feet to create the appearance of hooves. (Gathered Twigs was used in the sample project.) Add small dots along the backs of the reindeer with a brown pen. Using scissors, cut off the antlers from the large gold glitter reindeer, and adhere the gold glitter antlers on top of the antlers on the large kraft reindeer with liquid adhesive. Adhere the large reindeer on top of the snowbanks on the right side of the tag with liquid adhesive. Stagger the two small reindeer on the snowbanks on the left side of the tag, and adhere with liquid adhesive.
- Cut two pieces of seam-binding ribbon, one in light blue and one in medium blue. Lightly spray the ribbons with water from a spray bottle, and crunch the ribbons in your hands to give the ribbons a wrinkled effect. Once dry, tie the two ribbons in a bow through the hole at the top of the tag.
- Embellish the bottom right corner of the tag with a small sticker sentiment.