Birthday Embroidery HoopProject #18442
Circle the big date! This classic embroidery hoop makes the perfect ornament frame to celebrate birthdays in genuine style.
Products Used660838-Sizzix Framelits Plus Die Set 15PK - Circles 662127-Sizzix Making Essential - Brite-ons Paper Sheets, 6" x 6", Assorted, 25 Sheets 662703-Sizzix Sidekick Side-Order Set - Birthday
- Cardstock (Blue, Gold, Peach, Yellow)
- Idea-ology Paper Stash by Tim Holtz
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Gold Paint Pen
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Ranger Distress Oxide Ink (Peacock Feathers) by Tim Holtz
- Wooden Hoop
- Die-cut a 4" circle from the Circles set out of Paper Stash cardstock.
- Cut two strips of Paper Stash cardstock. Emboss the strips with the Birthday embossing folder.
- Using the Mini Ink Blending Tool, add Distress Oxide Ink (Peacock Feathers) to the emboss areas. Adhere the strips to the top and bottom of the embossed circle with double-sided tape.
- Die-cut the word Wish from the Birthday set out of blue cardstock. Adhere the word to the bottom of the embossed circle with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut the cake base from the Birthday set out of peach cardstock.
- Die-cut the frosting and candle out of a cream Brite-ons Paper Sheet. Adhere the frosting on top of the cake base with liquid adhesive. Using a gold paint pen, color the flame of the candle. Adhere the cake to the embossed circle with adhesive foam tape.
- Die-cut three balloons from the Birthday set out of a light blue Brite-ons Paper sheet and peach and yellow cardstock.
- Die-cut three strings from the Birthday set out of gold cardstock. Adhere the strings to the balloons with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the balloons to the embossed circle behind the cake with adhesive foam tape.
- Adhere the embossed circle behind the wooden hoop with liquid adhesive.
- Using scissors, cut off any excess cardstock showing from the sides of the hoop.
- Tie twine into a loop at the top of the wooden hoop for hanging.