Fly Wood PanelProject #18518
Spread your creative wings. This unique home décor project soars with a vintage blend of mixed-media elements that come together in a most unique and inspiring way.
Products Used662686-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Shadow Script #3 662696-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Stacked Postage 662689-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK - Mixed Media #6
- Cardstock (Brown, Cream, Red)
- Patterned Paper (Two Patterns)
- Adhesive Foam Dots
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Metal Charm
- Modeling Paste
- Paper Trimmer
- Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) by Tim Holtz
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Twine (Burlap)
- Washi Tape
- Wood Panel (5 1/2" x 4")
- Cut a 5 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece of patterned paper, and adhere it to the wood panel with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut out of cream cardstock the numbers die from the Mixed Media #6 set to create a stencil. Lay the numbers stencil below the patterned paper. Hold the stencil in place with washi tape so it will not move.
- Using a spatula, lightly brush modeling paste over the numbers stencil.
- Lift the stencil, and allow the numbers to dry for at least one hour before returning to the project.
- Cut a 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of patterned paper, and adhere it with double-sided tape to the bottom of the wood panel.
- Die-cut out of cream cardstock the medium postage stamp from the Stacked Postage set, and die-cut out of red cardstock two small postage stamps.
- Using the Mini Ink Blending Tool, add Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) to all the edges of the postage stamps.
- Die-cut out of brown cardstock the word Fly from the Shadow Script #3 set.
- Adhere the cream postage stamp to the middle of the wood panel with adhesive foam dots.
- Adhere with liquid adhesive one small red postage stamp on top of the cream postage stamp.
- Adhere the word Fly to the center of the red postage stamp on the wood panel with liquid adhesive.
- Cut in half the second small red postage stamp. Adhere with double-sided tape one half to the top left side of the wood panel and the other half to the bottom right side of the wood panel.
- Tie burlap twine around the top of the wood panel, and hang a charm on the twine. Tie the twine into a bow.