Hello Toucan Gift Card HolderProject #18597
It only takes one person to easily assemble this Toucan Do It Slider Card, which reveals a magical and memorable message courtesy of the Tropicool Vibes collection from Sizzix.
Products Used662783-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 12PK - Card, Tropicool Slider 662788-Sizzix Paper - 6" x 12" Cardstock Pad, Tropicool Vibes, 48 Sheets
- Cardstock (Black, Blue, Coral, Light Coral, Turquoise, White, Yellow)
- Crepe Paper (Pink)
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Hole Punch
- Ink Blending Tool or Foam Sponge
- Ink Pad (Coral)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Mini Brad
- Paper Trimmer
- Die-cut out of turquoise cardstock the back panel from the Card, Tropicool Slider set. Die-cut out of white cardstock the back panel and the Toucan Do It phrase by placing the phrase die 1/2" from the bottom edge of the back panel die and die-cutting both at the same time.
- Place the bottom edge of the slider die next to the bottom edge of the front panel die. (Make sure the folded edge is at the top of the slider die.) Die-cut both at the same time out of white patterned paper from the Tropicool Vibes Cardstock Pad. Fold the middle score line into a mountain fold and the top score line into a valley fold.
- Die-cut out of coral cardstock the slider panel. Fold the tab at the bottom of the coral slider panel, and adhere the coral tab to the back center of the slider/front panel with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the white and turquoise back panels together with double-sided tape. Apply liquid adhesive along the outside edges of the slider/front panel and adhere to the white back panel.
- Cut a 1" x 3" piece of green patterned paper from the Tropicool Vibes Cardstock Pad. Adhere the green patterned paper to the bottom center panel of the slider card.
- Die-cut out of light coral and coral cardstock the word Hello. Adhere with liquid adhesive the light coral word under the coral word, slightly offsetting the words to create a shadow effect. Adhere the layered word to the left side of the green patterned paper.
- Die-cut twice out of turquoise cardstock and twice out of blue cardstock the tropical leaf. Adhere a turquoise and blue leaf together with liquid adhesive, slightly offsetting the two leaves to create a shadow effect. Adhere the layered leaf to the right side of the green patterned paper with adhesive foam tape. Adhere the second turquoise leaf to the top center of the coral slider panel, and adhere the second blue leaf to the back, top center of the coral panel with liquid adhesive.
- Using the toucan and toucan embellishment pieces, die-cut the following: toucan and beak out of black cardstock, wing out of blue cardstock, eye out of yellow cardstock and beak out of coral cardstock. Adhere the toucan and embellishment pieces together with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the toucan to the leaf on the green patterned paper with adhesive foam tape.
- Cut a 1 1/4" x 4 1/2" piece of pink crepe paper. Accordion fold the crepe paper. Die-cut the flower out of the folded pink crepe paper. Punch a small hole in the center of the flower. Place a mini brad in the center of the flower. Spin the flower petals apart. Using an ink blending tool, add coral ink to the flower petals.
- Adhere the flower to the top center of the coral panel with liquid adhesive.