A Toucan of My Appreciation Gift BoxProject #18599
Go wild and whimsical with your gift-giving. This fun creation combines our dies, stamps and colorful cardstock with a punny sentiment that's worthy of any treat!
Products Used662781-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 7PK w/Stamps - Toucan Sentiments 662788-Sizzix Paper - 6" x 12" Cardstock Pad, Tropicool Vibes, 48 Sheets
- Cardstock (Dark Olive Green, Dark Turquoise, Olive Green, Turquoise, White)
- Patterned Paper (Wood Grain)
- Adhesive Flat Dots
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Ink Blending Tool or Foam Sponge
- Ink Pads (Aqua, Black Permanent)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Ribbon (Turquoise)
- Score Board with Bone Folder or Scoring Tool
- Water Brush
- Watercolor Palette
- Die-cut out of wood grain patterned paper the two birdcages from Toucan Sentiments set. Adhere the top halves of the two die-cuts together with liquid adhesive. Using an ink blending tool, add aqua ink along the edges of the birdcages.
- Using a black ink pad, stamp the Toucan of Appreciation phrase onto the left side of the birdcage.
- Using a black ink pad, stamp the two toucan images and one bird of paradise image onto white cardstock.
- Align the corresponding Framelits dies over the stamped images, and die-cut. For ease of use, we recommend using the Magnetic Platform to hold the Framelits dies in place while the images are being cut.
- Paint the die-cut images using a water brush and watercolor palette.
- Die-cut out of turquoise cardstock the fern. Die-cut out of the following cardstock the tropical leaf: three dark turquoise leaves, five olive green leaves and two dark olive green leaves.
- Adhere one tropical leaf to another coordinating leaf with liquid adhesive, slightly offsetting them as follows: olive green leaves to turquoise leaves and dark olive green leaves to olive green leaves. Set aside.
- Adhere one fern and three tropical leaves to the top left side of the birdcage with liquid adhesive and adhesive flat dots. Adhere the small toucan to the leaves with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere one fern, the bird of paradise and one tropical leaf to the right side of the birdcage with liquid adhesive and adhesive flat dots.
- Adhere a tropical leaf to the bottom of a clothespin with an adhesive flat dot. Adhere the large toucan to the clothespin with double-sided tape.
- Cut a 4 1/2" x 6" piece of patterned paper from the Tropicool Vibes Cardstock Pad. Place the patterned paper onto a score board with the 6" paper edge along the left edge of the score board. Score 1" from the left edge with a bone folder. Rotate the paper so that the 1" score line is at the bottom. Using the bone folder, start from the left edge and score at 1 3/4", 2 3/4" and 4 1/2", scoring just down to the 1" score line. Using the bone folder, score down the whole piece at 5 1/2".
- Cut off the 1/2" x 1" corner from the bottom left side with scissors.
- Apply double-sided tape along the 1/2" tab. Adhere the tab to the opposite side of the scored patterned paper.
- Fold the score lines to create a flat bottom for the gift bag. Adhere the tabs together with double-sided tape.
- Slide the folded bag between the bottom edges of the birdcages. Attach the toucan clothespin to the right top edge of the bag.
- Tie a length of turquoise ribbon into a small bow. Trim the ends of the ribbon with scissors. Adhere the bow to the top of the birdcage with an adhesive flat dot.