Toucan Cupcake TopperProject #18603
Turn any cupcake into a creation they'll be wild about! These Toucan Cupcake Toppers colorfully sweeten any style or celebration.
Products Used662127-Sizzix Making Essential - Brite-ons Paper Sheets, 6" x 6", Assorted, 25 Sheets 662786-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 10PK - Tropicool Banner
- Cardstock (Black, Coral, Green, Turquoise, White,
- Adhesive Foam Dots
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Ink Blending Tool or Foam Sponge
- Ink Pads (Blue, Coral)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Wooden Skewer
- Cut a 4" x 8" piece of black cardstock, and fold it in half.
- Place the top of the toucan die from the Tropicool Banner set slightly over the fold of the black cardstock. Die-cut the toucan with a top fold.
- Die-cut twice each of the following shapes: eye out of white cardstock and beak out of yellow and black cardstock.
- Die-cut out of a black Brite-ons Paper Sheet the two wings.
- Adhere the yellow beaks and then the black beaks to the front and back of the black toucan with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the white eyes to the front and back of the black toucan with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere the wings to the front and back of the black toucan with liquid adhesive, only applying the adhesive to the top of the wings.
- Die-cut out of green cardstock the large leaf. Adhere the leaf to the inside of one toucan with liquid adhesive. Adhere the top portion of the two toucan shapes with liquid adhesive. Adhere the toucan over a wooden skewer with hot glue.
- Die-cut twice out of coral cardstock the flower. Using an ink blending tool, add coral ink along the edges of the flower. Curl the flower petals using the Crease & Curl Tool.
- Die-cut twice out of blue cardstock the flower center. Using an ink blending tool, add blue ink along the edges of the flower centers.
- Die-cut twice out of yellow cardstock the flower stamen.
- Adhere the blue flower centers and the stamen to the center of the coral flowers with liquid adhesive.
- Adhere a flower to each side of the toucan with an adhesive foam dot.