Thanks Tropicool Leaves Gatefold CardProject #18669
Talk about creative re-leaf! This card front is full of fun and fantastic foliage to inspire your creativity with nature's boundless beauty.
Products Used662785-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Card Front, Tropicool Leaves
- Cardstock (Dark Turquoise, Light Turquoise, Lime Green, White)
- Bone Folder or Scoring Tool
- Craft Knife
- Craft Mat
- Cutting Mat
- Heat Tool
- Ink Pads (Blue, Green, Turquoise)
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Ribbon (Green)
- Twine (Green)
- Water Spray Bottle
- Cut a 6" x 12" piece of light turquoise cardstock. Die-cut the leaves from the Card Front, Tropicool Leaves set out of the light turquoise cardstock, with the leaves portion aligned with the left edge of the cardstock. Repeat on the right edge of the light turquoise cardstock. Using a ruler, cutting mat and craft knife, cut across the top and bottom edges to create a card base.
- Cut a 6" x 6" square of light turquoise cardstock and a 6" x 6" square of dark turquoise cardstock.
- Die-cut out of the light turquoise and dark turquoise squares the leaves, aligning the straight edge of the die with the edges of the squares. Save the leaf cutouts from the die-cuts.
- Adhere with liquid adhesive each of the leaves to the matching die-cut images on the 6" x 12" light turquoise cardstock.
- Score along the straight edges with a ruler and bone folder to create a three-panel card.
- Measure the dimensions of the middle panel. (It should be approximately 5 1/4" x 5 1/2".) Cut a piece of lime green cardstock that is slightly smaller than the middle panel.
- Apply blue ink to a craft mat. Spritz the ink with water, and place the lime green panel in the ink. Dry the ink on the panel with a heat tool. Repeat the same steps with turquoise and green ink until you reach the desired effect.
- Adhere the lime green panel to the center panel of the card base with liquid adhesive.
- Fold the two outside leaves into the middle, linking the leaves where they cross each other.
- Die-cut out of white cardstock the word Thanks. Adhere the word to a dark turquoise large leaf cutout with liquid adhesive. Trim off the edges of two sections of the leaf with scissors.
- Adhere with liquid adhesive a 1" length of green twine to the back side of the leaf, creating a loop.
- Die-cut out of lime green cardstock the large leaf. Trim off the edges of the large leaf with scissors.
- Adhere the leaf die-cuts together with liquid adhesive, offsetting the leaves to create a shadow effect.
- Tie a green ribbon around the middle of the card. Slide one end of the green ribbon through the twine loop, and tie the ribbon into a bow.