Spooktacular PillowProject #19428
Ready to put the 'boo' in 'bootiful'? Add a few frighteningly fun embellishments to a pillow that helps you share your best scare for Halloween.
Products Used657266-Sizzix Bigz Pro Die - Square, 9 1/2" Finished (10" Unfinished) 658313-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles, 1" 657892-Sizzix Bigz Alphabet Set 4 Dies - Lollipop Shadow Capital Letters
|10" x 10"||Solid cream wool||Cut (1) 10" Square|
|1 sheet||Orange felt||Cut (1) B*|
Cut (2) O*
|1 sheet||Purple felt||Cut (2) B*|
Cut (4) O*
|1 sheet||Gray felt||Cut (4) 1" Circles*|
|1/3 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (2) 13" x 10" rectangles for the pillow back|
|Purple, orange and gray embroidery floss|
|Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1||10" Pillow form|
- Finished Size: 9 1/2" x 9 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Pillow Top:
- As shown in the photo, arrange the letters and circles in a pleasing manner on the pillow front. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Use coordinating embroidery floss to stitch down the letters and create the spiders.
- Use decorative stitching where desired.
- Place the pillow top right side up on a table. Lay one of the 13" x 10" rectangles, wrong side up, lining up the raw edges with the raw edges of the pillow top. Fold the rectangle wrong sides together.
- Lay the second 13" x 10" rectangle, wrong side up, on the side of the pillow top that is not covered. Folding wrong sides together. The backs will overlap, which will allow you to insert the pillow form. Pin the backs and top together.
- Stitch a 1/4" seam around the outside edge of the pillow.
- Turn pillow top right side out.
- Insert the pillow form.